Pão de Açúcar (Sugar Loaf), the rocky peak that was named after the shape of its outline, offers an uninterrupted view over Rio since its inauguration, in 1912. From a height of 395 meters, you can admire Guanabara Bay and the coastline, with Copacabana to the south and Corcovado to the west. When the sun goes down, the panorama is magic. You can reach the summit by cable car (with a change at Morro da Urca).
- Address: Av. Pasteur, 520, Urca, Rio de Janeiro
- Phone: (21) 2546-8400
- Website: bondinho.com.br
- Prices: Adults 53 reais ; below 6 years old free; 6 to 21 years old 26 reais
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 8 am - 7:50 pm
Teatro Amazonas, Manaus
The theater is a replica of Paris’ Opera Garnier in the middle of the Amazon. When it was inaugurated in 1896, Teatro Amazonas became the symbol of the town, a highly visible one, with a pink frontage and cupola representing the Brazilian flag. In August it attracts a major opera festival and the Amazonian symphony orchestra plays every week. Come and see a show during the day and take a look at the sumptuous interior at the same time.
- Address: R. Tapajós, Praça São Sebastião, s/nº - Centro, Manaus
- Phone: (92) 3232-1768
- Prices : free of charge
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday, 9 am - 5 pm